M̄ēyig [ŋ͡mʷɪjiɣ] -.
M̄otlap Ⓐ [ŋ͡mʷɔtlap] -. <Géo>
(1) south-west part of the island of Motalava, opp. district of Valuwa (Aplōw) in the north-east.
(2) name of the island of Motalava (or Mwotlap), where the mwotlap language is spoken.
- Nēk ta-van M̄otlap n̄ēh?
- When will you go to Motalava?
M̄otlap Ⓑ (to-M̄otlap) adj. native or belonging to the island of Motalava.
- ige to-M̄otlap
- the people of Motalava, the Motalavians
- na-lqōvēn to-M̄otlap vitwag
- a woman from Motalava
- no-hohole to-M̄otlap
- the mwotlap language, mwotlap
- Nok vap to-M̄otlap qōtō.
- Allow me to speak in mwotlap (opp. in bislama) a few moments.
M̄otlap Ⓒ (no-M̄otlap) noun.
(1) the island of Motalava.
- Ikē a ma-lan̄lō tō me no-M̄otlap.
- He was the one who first introduced me to (the island of) Motalava.
(2) inhabitant of Motalava, Motalavian.
- Nēk wo ma-kaykay, nēk etgoy, nēk tog kaykay no-M̄otlap!
- If you shoot arrows, be careful not to shoot at a Motalavian!